You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
||6 years ago|
|bin||6 years ago|
|lib||6 years ago|
|.gitignore||6 years ago|
|Gemfile||6 years ago|
|LICENSE||6 years ago|
|README.md||6 years ago|
|config.yml||6 years ago|
|cross-post.gemspec||6 years ago|
|logo.png||6 years ago|
|mastodon-twitter.service||6 years ago|
Mastodon to Twitter bot
This gem uses the Mastodon stream API to replicate your toot on Twitter, handling the "500 to 140 characters limit" conversion.
I advice you to use rbenv to manage your Ruby environment to not mess up your system.
To use it:
- Clone this repository somewhere (
git clone https://git.imirhil.fr/aeris/cross-post/)
- Install dependencies with Bundler (
- Create a
$HOME/.cross-post.ymlconfiguration file, based on the example available here
- Register the app on Twitter (
bundle exec bin/twitter-register)
- You can reuse my Twitter app OAuth credentials, or register a new app from scratch here
- Register the app on Mastodon (
bundle exec bin/mastodon-register)
- You need to change the consumer key and secret to whaveter your instance have for this app. See with your instance admin for real values.
- If your instance currently doesn't support this app, just remove the consumer part, registration process will create a new app on your instance.
- Start the replication (
bundle exec bin/feed-twitter)
If needed, a SystemD unit example is available here
- Publishing on RubyGems